Posty bez odpowiedzi | Aktywne tematy Dzisiaj jest czwartek 25 kwie 2024, 01:40

Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 1 ] 
This allows them to tweak the roster in preparation for the 
Autor Wiadomość

Autor tematu
Post This allows them to tweak the roster in preparation for the
Houston Texans Claim One Offensive Lineman Off Waivers Authentic Whitney Mercilus Jersey , Release Another With training camp still a month away, the Texans are officially in the dog days of summer. Yesterday, the Texans claimed second-year OT Roderick Johnson off of waivers and released OT Kendall Calhoun from the roster. At 6’7” and 300 lbs, Johnson has the ideal frame for a left tackle in the NFL. Last year, he was drafted in the fifth round by the Browns, just thirty picks after the Texans selected Julie’n Davenport.The two-time All-ACC left tackle immediately became expendable when the Browns signed Greg Robinson in the post-Joe Thomas era. Johnson’s availability was a fortuitous occurrence for the Texans, as their offensive line depth and talent are the team’s biggest weakness. With Jeff Allen on the PUP list and Martinas Rankin recovering from a foot injury, Johnson could immediately find himself vying for a roster spot to start the season. John McClain took to Twitter to express his sentiment on the move:Although I have twice voice my opinions that the the Texans should have taken Johnson over Julie’n Davenport (here and here) Johnathan Joseph Jersey , it looks like the Texans and I can agree that having both massive men on the roster is a good thing. Now I get to see if my draft analysis was correct and whether playing D-I or D-II football makes a difference in developing offensive tackles. A knee injury did cost Roderick Johnson his rookie season, but hopefully the talented lineman can bounce back and provide the Texas with some much needed depth.Even though he’s considered a developmental prospect, Johnson has a unique opportunity to go from cut by the Browns to contributing for the Texans. Quite a miraculous change of fortune, if you ask me. Give this kid a playbook and see what he can do. What do you think of the move? Do you think Roderick Johnson has a chance to compete for a roster spot? Obrazek
When quarterbacks are disagreeing with roughing the passer calls, it’s probably a good sign that the rules have gone too far in their advantage.Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson is the latest to question the number of roughing calls thus far this season.“Of course, it helps me out as a quarterback,” Watson said Wednesday, via John McClain of the Houston Chronicle. “I’ve been playing this game for 12 to 14 years Youth J.J. Watt Jersey , and some of the calls are just crazy.”NFL officials have called 34 roughing the passer penalties in three weeks, Kevin Seifert of ESPN reports. But the competition committee has the rule on its agenda for a regularly scheduled conference call next week, and the league鈥檚 former head of officials, Mike Pereira, expects a change in how roughing the passer is officiated.“I’m cool with it because I want to be safe and sound, but at the same time, let’s play football,” Watson said. “It goes both ways. Some of the times Authentic Zach Cunningham Jersey , when the defensive guys are trying to hold up, they get hurt.“I’m the quarterback, and I’m being honest with you, let the guys play and see how it goes.”

poniedziałek 14 sty 2019, 03:33
Odpowiedz w temacie   [ Posty: 1 ]