Posty bez odpowiedzi | Aktywne tematy Dzisiaj jest piątek 29 mar 2024, 07:36

Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 1 ] 
The last time the Philadelphia Phillies hosted the Miami 
Autor Wiadomość

Autor tematu
Post The last time the Philadelphia Phillies hosted the Miami
Citizens Bank Park http://www.rangersfanproshop.com/authentic-matt-moore-jersey , they swept their divisional opponent, held the lead in the National League East and were 15 games over .500.What a difference six weeks can make.The Phillies have not won a series since that four-game sweep of Miami, and have plummeted out of the playoff race with 23 losses in their last 34 games.Article continues below ...The Marlins return to Philadelphia this weekend for the final time in the 2018 season. Wei-Yin Chen (6-10, 4.72 ERA) will face Zach Eflin (9-7, 4.42) as the teams open a three-game series Friday night.The Phillies have been on a slide for more than a month, but the last two weeks have been especially bad. The team enters Friday’s game on a five-game losing streak and is 2-9 in September.Philadelphia (74-71), with 17 games to play, has fallen 7 1/2 games behind the Atlanta Braves in its division and 6 1/2 back in the race for the second NL wild card spot. The only silver lining right now for the Phillies is that they have seven games remaining against the Braves.“As long as we are still in the race, as long as we still have games left with Atlanta Ryan Rua Jersey , and as long as we can mathematically catch them, I will believe in this club,” first-year Phillies manager Gabe Kapler told reporters earlier this week. “That will not waver.”After getting swept at home by the Washington Nationals, the Phillies are 28-35 against the rest of the NL East this season. They are, however, 9-7 against the Marlins — the only team in the division the Phillies have a winning record against.The last-place Marlins (57-89) enter the series having lost five of their last six games and were swept by the New York Mets in a Thursday doubleheader.Chen has pitched his best this season over his last six starts. He has a 2.04 ERA and 0.91 WHIP since the beginning of August. Chen picked up his 10th loss of the season in his last game, though. He gave up three runs on five hits and notched six strikeouts in four innings against the Pittsburgh Pirates on Saturday.Chen is 1-4 with a 3.62 career ERA in seven appearances against the Phillies.Like the Phillies, Eflin has struggled lately. The right-hander has a 7.72 ERA and opponents are hitting .346 against him with a .971 OPS over his last five starts.Eflin, 24 Drew Robinson Jersey , was pulled after three innings in his last outing against the New York Mets. He allowed six runs on four hits and three walks Saturday as he picked up his third consecutive loss.“I haven’t been doing a good job of executing my pitches when I need to,” Eflin told mlb.com after the outing. “When you don’t execute pitches, they put a six-spot in three innings. But I don’t think I’m far off.”Eflin has surrendered four runs and seven hits in 14 innings (two starts) against Miami this season. He is 1-1 with a 5.21 ERA in three starts against the Marlins in his three-year career. MILWAUKEE — For much of the last year, the Milwaukee Brewers were rumored to be a potential landing spot for right-hander Chris Archer.The Brewers, though, never consummated a deal for the right-hander who was ultimately dealt by Tampa Bay to the Pittsburgh Pirates, who’ll send Archer to the mound Sunday in their series finale against the Brewers at Miller Park.Archer hasn’t exactly been dominant since joining the Pirates. In four starts for Pittsburgh, he’s 1-1 with a 4.91 ERA and 19 strikeouts in 18 1/3 innings of work. But he’s taken steps toward improving his overall game during that short stretch, specifically by incorporating a two-seam fastball and curveball into an arsenal under the tutelage of Pirates’ pitching coach Ray Searage.Article continues below ...“I know most 29-year-olds don’t have untapped potential. But I do http://www.rangersfanproshop.com/authentic-matt-moore-jersey ,” Archer told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette over the weekend. “I’ve done some great things, but I want to be even more consistent. With the things I’m implementing now, the results aren’t necessarily there immediately, but the process is so good, man.”Along with his four-seam fastball, his repertoire consisted primarily of sliders to right-handers and changeups to lefties. He hadn’t thrown a two-seamer in nearly four years before joining the Pirates but has seen the benefits and now is working to refine the pitch.“It’s just a matter of trusting it,” Archer said. “I’ve already seen positive results. I’ve thrown more two-seamers in the time I’ve been here than I have in the last three or four years. I’ve gotten more outs inside than I have in the past couple years too. It’s not necessarily an experiment, but the more production I get the more I believe, and it starts to snowball.”He’ll take the mound Sunday feeling healthy despite leaving his last start early with a leg injury. Archer lasted only four innings but held the Braves to a run on five hits and a walk while striking out three http://www.rangersfanproshop.com/authentic-matt-moore-jersey , ultimately taking the loss as Pittsburgh fell to the Braves, 1-0.That loss came in the midst of a challenging stretch for the Pirates’ offense. They’d scored just 18 runs in 11 games leading up to the Brewers series but have scored 15 during the first two games in Milwaukee, including eight of them over the final three innings Saturday against a Brewers’ bullpen that’s gasping for air lately.Milwaukee’s bullpen had been a strength all season but carried a 6.13 ERA for the month into Saturday night’s game — the worst in the National League during that stretch.“We need these guys to pitch well,” Brewers manager Craig Counsell said. “We can’t count on less from them. They’re going to have to get outs, and I think they will. A couple of guys are going through a stretch where they’re not getting outs.”Despite those struggles, Counsell still has faith his group can get back to form as the Brewers try to stay in the thick of the National League Wild Card race. Following their loss Saturday, the Brewers are tied with the Rockies for the second postseason spot, a half-game behind the Cardinals.“We just have to keep believing and keep working, because they’re going to be in those situations. We’ve got to cover 27 outs Curtis Granderson Jersey , and we’re going to need them. We’re going to keep trying to get them going. We’ve got to stick to that.”Right-hander Chase Anderson gets the start Sunday for the series finale. He struck out six while holding the Reds to two runs on two hits over six innings and never once pitched out of the stretch his last time out but has struggled against Pittsburgh this season, going 0-2 with a 5.91 ERA in two starts.He’s not alone, either. The Brewers have dropped nine of 12 meetings with the Pirates in 2018, scoring 35 runs overall, including just 20 in those losses.

piątek 29 mar 2019, 09:02
Odpowiedz w temacie   [ Posty: 1 ]