Posty bez odpowiedzi | Aktywne tematy Dzisiaj jest czwartek 28 mar 2024, 19:05

Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 1 ] 
it was bigger than the Super 
Autor Wiadomość

Autor tematu
Former Colts punter Pat McAfee says former General Manager Ryan Grigson fining him for an Instagram post was the last straw that led him to retire from the NFL.

McAfee says that late in the 2016 season Victor Hedman Jersey , Grigson hauled him into his office with a printout of an Instagram picture McAfee had posted of himself in the Colts’ facilities. McAfee sees nothing wrong with the picture, but Grigson was furious about it.

“He has the picture on a piece of paper, slams it on the desk, pushes it across the desk to me and I look at it,” McAfee said on his podcast, via the Indianapolis Star. “At this moment in my head, I鈥檝e already said 鈥榌expletive] it鈥?to this guy. I look at the photo and look up at him. It鈥檚 like a moment of silence. . . . He pulls out my contract, opens it up, goes to a clause. 鈥楽ince this isn鈥檛 your first offense, I can fine you a game check for this.鈥?You only get 17 game checks in your entire salary, so if you want to look up what that was, it was $100,000 almost. I said, 鈥楩or what?鈥?He said, 鈥業s that a football room?鈥?I said Youth Jordan Weal Jersey , 鈥榃ell the title is an equipment room. There鈥檚 footballs in there I guess.鈥?He goes, 鈥榃hy do you have to be such a smartass? I can fine you anything I want. This is why we鈥檙e losing.鈥?This is why we lost to the Steelers, he tells me.”

McAfee said he told Grigson that the Colts’ losses were Grigson’s fault for failing to build an offensive line that could protect Andrew Luck.

“He goes, 鈥榃hat did you just say to me?鈥?I go, 鈥極h yeah, I鈥檓 the best in the game at what I do. I wish you would do the same.’ This is a moment he did not expect. He goes, 鈥榊ou鈥檙e going to walk into my office and disrespect me?鈥?I go, 鈥榊ou called me in here.鈥?He said, 鈥業鈥檓 going to fine you a whole game check.鈥?I said, 鈥楥ool bro,鈥?and literally walked out of his office. As I walk out, he gives me the, 鈥楪et out of my office.鈥?I go, 鈥楢lready walking out,鈥?#8221; McAfee said.

With that Rasmus Ristolainen Jersey , McAfee decided he no longer wanted to play for the Colts. Grigson was fired after that season as well.

Terrell Owens learned a valuable lesson at a young age from the most influential person in his life.

”I’ve always listened and learned a lot from my grandmother and how she lived her life and how she wanted me to live my life,” Owens told The Associated Press about Alice Black, who died of Alzheimer’s disease in 2012. ”No matter what people say about you good, bad or indifferent, you just have to believe in yourself. And when you have belief in the man above, knowing you’re not perfect, the people who walk this Earth aren’t perfect either, and (if) you start to pass judgment and start to believe things about people who you don’t know personally, then that’s really a reflection of yourself.”

Growing up in a poor family in Alabama, Owens had a difficult childhood and he was often lonely. He was raised by his grandmother and his single mother, who spent much of her time working double shifts to support her children.

”Early in my career when I was an adolescent and teenager, I had self-esteem issues,” Owens said. ”I had to get out of that and understand that you have to believe in yourself in order to progress in order to do anything in your life. I’m very proud of how my grandmother raised me.”

Plenty of people have formed strong opinions about Owens, sometimes based on rumors and innuendo. T.O. certainly brought much of the criticism on himself with some of his outlandish behavior, but he believes he was also misunderstood at times. It was easier for critics to pile on than try to understand what made Owens tick.

That’s why Owens believes it took Pro Football Hall of Fame voters three tries to finally get him into the Canton shrine Filip Forsberg Jersey , although he’s not actually going to Ohio. Miffed that he was passed over twice, Owens is skipping the induction ceremony and instead giving his acceptance speech at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.

Owens said he visited the hall after his selection and decided he’d rather celebrate the big day at his alma mater.

”I feel the Hall of Fame committee needs to find a better formula and format in which guys get nominated and inducted, because all the hard work we’re doing as players to better our lives, our careers, our fate is in guys’ hands that have never played before,” Owens said, perhaps ignoring that Hall of Famers Dan Fouts and James Lofton are among the voters. ”People not giving me my recognition because a few people have said they didn’t like me. The narrative has been created and portrayed that I was divisive in the locker room and I wasn’t a good person or a bad teammate, but there have been people who have stood on the table for me and said I was a good teammate, a great player. But that’s the narrative they didn’t go with.”

The 44-year-old Owens had a mostly sensational 15-year career playing for San Francisco, Philadelphia, Dallas, Buffalo and Cincinnati. He is second to Jerry Rice in receiving yards and third in touchdown catches behind Rice and Randy Moss, who was chosen in his first year of eligibility.

No. 81 was a five-time All-Pro, a six-time Pro Bowl pick and one of the most entertaining players of his generation. His touchdown celebrations are legendary and no one worked harder to stay in excellent shape. Some think Owens could still play in the NFL; he has toyed with an attempted comeback in the Canadian Football League. He had 72 catches for 983 yards and nine TDs in his final season, in 2010 Authentic Oliver Bjorkstrand Jersey , and finished with 1,078 receptions, 15,934 yards receiving and 153 TDs.

Owens was part of eight playoff teams but only reached the Super Bowl once after joining the Eagles in 2004. He gave a heroic performance in Philadelphia’s 24-21 loss to New England, catching nine passes for 122 yards after defying doctor’s orders and returning to play on his surgically repaired ankle 6 1/2 weeks after an operation.

”What I did, it was bigger than the Super Bowl for me,” Owens said. ”I understood the ultimate goal was to win the game and that was heavily on my mind, and I think with my performance, you can tell that was what was on my mind. But coming out of that tunnel for the first time, the media was waiting for me to run around on the field and go through my normal routine like I do before every game just to get a glimpse, see if I was limping, things of that nature on that ankle. Coming out of that tunnel, I wanted people to know my faith in God was the No. 1 reason I was able to do what I did.”

Authentic Philadelphia Eagles Jerseys

piątek 28 wrz 2018, 03:34
Odpowiedz w temacie   [ Posty: 1 ]