Posty bez odpowiedzi | Aktywne tematy Dzisiaj jest czwartek 18 kwie 2024, 14:44

Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 1 ] 
Nationals on MASN masnNationalsBryce Harper 
Autor Wiadomość

Autor tematu
Post Nationals on MASN masnNationalsBryce Harper
With his long-term future uncertain Lance Parrish Jersey , impending free agent Bryce Harper plans to spend the final week of the 2018 regular season cherishing every minute he's wearing a Washington Nationals uniform.Especially on Wednesday, Washington's last home game of the season.quot;I wanted to be here, put the uni on right away and just cherish that moment if it going to be the last time or not.quot; V2WSeBUeeq"It's definitely crazy walking in today and knowing this could be my last game at Nats Park in my white jersey," Harper told reporters Wednesday. "It's definitely something that you're not sure how you're going to react, and not sure what it's going to be like, if that's after the game, or even before. I knew I wanted to get here and put the uni on right away and just cherish that moment, if it's going to be the last time or not."In the event it winds up being his final home game at Nationals Park, he made sure to salute the fans, via Jake Russell of theWashington Post:Jake Russell _JakeRussellBryce Harper takes the field in what may be his last home game as a Washington National. Harper takes a bow for the home crowd in the process. z6RBY9KqoHAnd when it came time for his first at-bat, the fans returned the love, via the Team 980's Aaron Oster:Aaron Oster TheAOsterBryce Harper was given a long ovation from the crowd before stepping in the batter box for his first at-bat. #Nats 0IVR8L0PKPIf this is Harper's last season in a Nationals uniform, it will end on a disappointing note.Harper has had a solid year http://www.tigersfanproshop.com/authentic-omar-infante-jersey , hitting .246/.393/.498 with 34 home runs, 32 doubles and 100 RBI. Although his overall average doesn't stand out, he is hitting .298 since the All-Star break, which is when he defended his home turf at the 2018 Home Run Derby:That would be the highlight of the Nationals' season, one that started out with World Series aspirations.Washington spent most of the summer trying to hang in the playoff race, but it was ultimately eliminated from contention as the Atlanta Braves ran off with the National League East. This is only the third time in Harper's seven seasons that the team has failed to qualify for the playoffs.Harper's Nationals career has been nothing short of spectacular. Not only does he have a Derby title on his resume, but he has six All-Star nods, the 2012 NL Rookie of the Year award, the 2015 NL MVP award and a Silver Slugger. Unfortunately, his time in the nation's capital could also be remembered by a lack of postseason success, as his team never made it past the division series in any of its four playoff appearances.The 25-year-old Harper and Los Angeles Dodgers slugger Manny Machado will be among the most coveted players this winter in what could be an all-time free-agent class.Harper recently told the Washington Post'sBarry Svrluga, "I think about other cities, but I love it here." However http://www.tigersfanproshop.com/authentic-travis-wood-jersey , he isn't sure if or how he fits into the organization's long-term plans.For now, Harper will have to relish the last few days of the season in case it's the last time he ever puts on a Nationals uniform. DENVER — Colorado Rockies left-hander Kyle Freeland, who has been dominant at Coors Field, will take the mound Thursday in the rubber game against the San Diego Padres. The Rockies are 16-9 in starts by Freeland (11-7, 2.96 ERA), who is 7-2 with a 2.22 ERA in 11 home starts this season and will be opposed by rookie left-hander Joey Lucchesi (6-7, 3.79).Freeland has thrown 152 innings, close to the 156 he finished with as a rookie last year. But at this point last season, Freeland was wilting from the rigors of his first season in the majors. After Sept. 11, he made four relief appearances and one start, a three-inning effort in his final game of the season. Article continues below ...Freeland said experience has certainly been helpful this year. But he attributes his added strength and stamina to an offseason mechanical change and an altered throwing program.“The change in the mechanics helped not take so much of a toll on my body like my mechanics last year did,” said Freeland, who still pauses in his delivery when lifting his front leg but in a more efficient manner.“The hestitation’s more at the top Jordan Zimmermann Jersey ,” he said, “where I can keep my load instead of de-loading and then trying to make a pitch and then keep that load and drive down the mound. And that’s taking less of a toll off trying to de-load and then trying to get it all back using my arm and my legs as much as I can.”Freeland said he changed his weightlifting programs to boost his stamina. And he has cut back on his throwing.“Since the All-Star break, every day after my start, I haven’t thrown,” he said. “I just take a day (off), and then I’ll have my bullpen (session) the next day. This year, it’s much lighter every single day, just not stretching it out because I know how long the season is. There’s no reason to try and build arm strength in season because you’re going to get tired. “All season it’s been lighter throwing in between starts. Not throwing a lot of flat grounds or having long bullpens. Kept my bullpens short most of the year and really shortened them up after the All-Star break.”Freeland is 3-1, 1.72 in his past five starts, allowing one homer in 31 1/3 innings in that stretch. On Friday at Atlanta, he allowed three hits and one run in six innings and was the winner in Colorado’s 11-5 triumph. He’s 1-1 with a 2.92 ERA in two starts against the Padres this year and 1-2, 4.21 in six career games (four starts) against them.Lucchesi will be making his 20th career start and fourth against the Rockies. He held them to four hits and two unearned runs in six innings April 10 while winning his Coors Field debut 5-2, and he is 1-0 with a 1.69 ERA against Colorado in three starts this season. In his last outing Friday against Arizona Jose Iglesias Jersey , Lucchesi lost 9-4, allowing a career-high nine hits and five runs in four innings. That matched the shortest outing of his career. Lucchesi, whose herky-jerky motion with his hands makes for an unusual delivery, has pitched six innings three times — on April 15 against San Francisco and Aug. 12 against Philadelphia in addition to his April 10 outing at Coors Field. Lucchesi is 2-2, with a 2.87 ERA in six road starts and 4-5, 4.26 in 13 starts at home. “I think for the longest time we’ve given Joey the opportunity to just go pitch and not overwhelm him with information,” Padres manager Andy Green said. “This is the time to start taking information in on what we’d like him to change and how we’d like him to grow. And I think he’s responded to that very well right now. And I’m excited about that, because that ultimately will be the determining factor to how great you’re going to be is, can you grow?“I think he’s handled this year great. There’s been ups and downs. He’s been through injuries. He’s been through some struggles that way. I think he’s handled it well.”

czwartek 14 mar 2019, 08:14
Odpowiedz w temacie   [ Posty: 1 ]