Posty bez odpowiedzi | Aktywne tematy Dzisiaj jest czwartek 28 mar 2024, 15:42

Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 1 ] 
Turn back the clock to September. 
Autor Wiadomość

Autor tematu
What do you see if you root for the Colts Greg Gaines Jersey , Texans and Seahawks?Ugliness. Losing. Little hope.It’s now after Thanksgiving, and Houston l eads the AFC South, with Indianapolis in hot pursuit. Seattle has stamped itself as a wild-card contender in the NFC, and an opponent most teams would like to avoid.All three have made impressive turnarounds that could become memorable should they lead to the playoffs — and January success.So how does it happen? Indy was 1-5 and now is 6-5. Seattle had two dirty defeats to open the schedule and was headed down a long losing path. Houston went 0-3, yet has become the first team to win eight straight after such a weak start.“There is just a real upbeat aura about this team,” says Seahawks coach Pete Carroll, who majors in upbeat and is doing one of the best jobs of his distinguished career.“They’re real hungry to learn, they’re hungry for the challenges,” he added. “They’ve just been real competitive throughout and they’ve enjoyed the challenges. They have not allowed themselves to go downward at any time. They keep looking to the future and what’s up and what’s coming. It’s just been a really good group to work with.”Sounds like what’s going on in Houston.“You just have to believe,” explains defensive end J.J. Watt, who majors in believing — and is in the midst of a spectacular comeback season. “A lot of it comes down to belief, remaining positive even in a difficult situation and believing in yourself, and believing in each other, and knowing that you can turn it around.“I think sometimes … you’re 0-3 or you’re in a tough situation, you look around and you’re like, ‘Maybe that’s just us.’ I think we all in that situation this year knew that wasn’t us. I think we knew we had the players in the room and the ability to play a lot better than we did and to win those games. So, I think it’s easy to believe when you know that about your guys.”The main guy in Indianapolis has been Andrew Luck Christian Wilkins Jersey , who in strange circumstances never fully explained, missed the entire 2017 season with a shoulder injury. Like Watt, he’s having a monster of a comeback year.Folks in Indy cite coach Frank Reich — a second choice remember, after Josh McDaniels reneged on his deal with the Colts — playing to win in tight situations, such as the overtime loss to the Texans — as being a turning point.“I think Frank has done a great job of keeping us just focused at the task at hand, whether we were losing games, winning games (or) whatever it is,” Luck says.“The approach has been the same. So in that department, really nothing has changed. We’ve just come in and try to make the most out of each day. I know it sounds cliché, but it’s what’s working for us. That’s where our focus needs to stay. I think it is and we will fight against letting our focus go elsewhere.”The key to winding up with a positive season after a negative start really comes down to faith. Faith in the coaching staff, in the players, in staying healthy enough, and in getting some breaks.Stay the course, and that course might lead you deep into January. Or beyond.“We will see it down the stretch, for sure, that well-coached teams get better as the season goes along unless they are decimated by injury,” says Hall of Famer Bill Polian http://www.miamidolphinsteamonline.com/michael-deiter-jersey , the guiding force for three winning franchises as a team executive.“The guys that can coach get a handle on their team and then they coach the team they have got as opposed to the team that was on paper prior to training camp. They adjust accordingly and go ahead and figure out how best to maximize their strengths and minimize weaknesses.”That has been the case particularly in Seattle, where Carroll recognized a ball-control offense and opportunistic defense filled with new faces was the correct approach.Polian also emphasizes the need for healthy players.“Guys who heal up and are ready to go who are question marks in training camp,” Polian points to as critical. “Andrew Luck, who has never played better football in his life, is completely healthy, ready to go and excited, and has a coach who lets Andrew be Andrew. The offensive line has coalesced thanks to the drafting of Quenton Nelson and the return of Anthony Costanzo. That team is way better than they were at the start of training camp.“And Houston is the same way. It’s gotten healthy with the return of Watt and the quarterback (Deshaun Watson), who is there full time, and now that is a different team.”Personnel changes that have worked also have led to success in all three cities.Polian believes the Colts have contenders for both top rookie awards, guard Nelson on offense, linebacker Darius Leonard on defense. New tight end Eric Ebron has 11 touchdown receptions.The Texans obviously have Watt and Watson back, along with linebacker Whitney Mercilus, and third-round cornerback Justin Reid. Adding veteran wideout Demaryius Thomas when Will Fuller tore up his knee is paying off, too.For Seattle, a stable of running backs, from first-round pick Rashaad Penny to second-year player Chris Carson to fourth-year vet Mike Davis has kept the backfield fresh. Second-year receiver David Moore has become a contributor, and the tight ends have picked up the slack with Jimmy Graham gone to Green Bay.Most of all Garrett Bradbury Jersey , the Legion of Boom has gone bust, but the secondary still has progressed throughout the schedule.We might not be looking at a Super Bowl team from Houston, Indianapolis or Seattle this season. But remember what we were looking at two months ago. CINCINNATI (AP) — The surprise isn’t that Marvin Lewis is gone, but that it took so long for the Bengals to make the change.Lewis arrived in 2003 and elevated one of the NFL’s most forlorn franchises to respectability, but couldn’t take it to the next level. He was fired Monday after his 16th season of failing to win a playoff game.Now, owner Mike Brown will decide whether to bring in an outsider who will shake things up, or stay the course with someone who is familiar.“I didn’t deliver what the No. 1 goal is, and that’s to be world champions, and we did not get that done,” Lewis said at a news conference. “A lot of positives, but that’s the one goal as a coach you look forward to doing. Mike and I both decided it’s time. I think it’s a tough moment for both of us, but we both realized.”Lewis’ departure ends the second-longest active coaching tenure in the NFL . New England’s Bill Belichick is wrapping up his 19th season with another postseason berth. He’s won five Super Bowls and made eight appearances in the title game, both NFL records.By contrast, Lewis leaves Cincinnati with a postseason record of 0-7, the worst in NFL history. The Bengals haven’t won a playoff game since the 1990 season, tied with Washington for the fifth-longest futility in league history.A third straight losing season punctuated by plummeting attendance prompted the change-resistant owner to cut ties with Lewis.The Bengals (6-10) lost in Pittsburgh 16-13 on Sunday — their eighth straight defeat against their AFC North rival — and finished last in the division for only the second time under Lewis. Attendance at Paul Brown Stadium has fallen to second-lowest in the league, ahead of only the Los Angeles Chargers Noah Fant Jersey , who are playing in a small, temporary stadium.The empty seats were undoubtedly one of the factors. Cincinnati averaged 50,753 fans, the third straight year with a notable decline. Brown said before the start of training camp that he was keenly aware of fans’ growing animosity and indifference.Brown didn’t appear with Lewis on Monday. He said in a statement that he’s “very fond of Marvin.”“But it is time to turn the page and look toward the next chapter for our organization, and we are excited about what the future holds for the team and our fans,” Brown said.Lewis lobbied Monday for Hue Jackson to get an interview for the job. Lewis hired Jackson, a close friend, as a special assistant after he was fired by the Browns in October.“I think he’s more than qualified,” Lewis said. “I think he’s been in a couple of difficult situations (in Oakland and Cleveland) and that’s tough, and it hasn’t broke his way. But I think he’s an excellent football coach, he’s a great motivator, he’s detailed. So I think he deserves an opportunity, if not here somewhere else.”Jackson walked through the locker room on Monday on his way to the dining room and declined interviews.“I’m going to lunch,” he said.As Jackson ate with other staff members, a big-screen television on the wall was tuned to a station recapping the firings around the league. It was odd for players to think of someone else as the head coach.“Me growing up here, that’s all I knew since I was 10 years old,” said 26-year-old linebacker Preston Brown http://www.cowboyscheapauthenticstore.com/trysten-hill-jersey-cheap , a Cincinnati native. “It’s kind of a surreal moment to see right now that he’s not here anymore. I mean, he’s part of Cincinnati. To have him gone is a big shock to me.”Lewis has readily acknowledged he wouldn’t have lasted so long anywhere else. The owner’s well-known loyalty provided second, third, and ultimately a 16th chance in a what-have-you-done-this-year league. He leaves as the franchise’s leader in coaching tenure, wins and losses with a record of 131-129-3.Lewis was a rare hire from outside the organization when Brown brought him aboard in 2003, three years after he helped Baltimore win a Super Bowl. He made a glittery arrival, flashing his diamond-encrusted Ravens Super Bowl ring at his introductory news conference.He quickly turned the downtrodden Bengals into a competitive team, and then a playoff team. Lewis couldn’t win a playoff game, though.The Bengals made a club-record five straight playoff appearances from 2011-15, but lost in the first round every time, setting an NFL record for ineffectiveness. His best chance was frittered away by two players who were brought to Cincinnati in spite of their history of outbursts.Leading the Steelers in the closing minutes during the playoffs after the 2015 season, Lewis’ team had one of the worst meltdowns in NFL history. Jeremy Hill’s fumble gave the Steelers one last chance, and Vontaze Burfict and Adam “Pacman” Jones got 15-yard penalties that set up the Steelers’ field goal with 14 seconds left for an 18-16 win.The Bengals sparked hope of a turnaround this season with a 4-1 start, but a historically bad defense undercut it. Lewis fired coordinator Teryl Austin at midseason, and Cincinnati finished the season by dropping nine of its last 11 games in what amounted to Lewis’ final chance.“It’s been a lot,” Lewis said. “This season’s been a lot.”

poniedziałek 29 lip 2019, 06:54
Odpowiedz w temacie   [ Posty: 1 ]