Posty bez odpowiedzi | Aktywne tematy Dzisiaj jest sobota 20 kwie 2024, 04:44

Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 1 ] 
home to one of the attacks that resulted 
Autor Wiadomość

Autor tematu
Post home to one of the attacks that resulted
REGINA -- Saskatchewan linebacker Renauld Williams has retired from the CFL and has joined the Roughriders football operations staff. Williams originally entered the CFL in 2007 when he signed with the Roughriders as a free agent. He spent three seasons with the Riders before signing with the Pittsburgh Steelers for 2010. Williams spent the 2011 and 2012 seasons with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats before re-signing with the Riders 2013. Williams started the first ten games at middle linebacker in 2013, registering 42 defensive tackles, seven quarterback sacks and four special teams tackles. He suffered a season ending knee injury Sept. 8 in Winnipeg. In his six year CFL career, Williams played in 76 regular season games registering 326 defensive tackles, 49 special teams tackles, and 21 quarterback sacks. He also played in four post-season games and the 2009 Grey Cup. He was named a 2011 and 2012 East Division All-Star and was a member of two Grey Cup championship teams, winning with Saskatchewan in 2007 and 2013. Renauld also had stops with the San Francisco 49ers, Miami Dolphins and Cleveland Browns, seeing action in six regular-season NFL games. Williams will serve as the Roughriders director of player development and will assist players in adapting to their roles, both on and off the field while living in the Regina community. The Roughriders announced earlier Monday that Avon Cobourne has been hired as running backs coach for the 2014 season. Cobourne is a two-time Grey Cup champion with Montreal (2009, 2010) and was named 2009 Grey Cup Most Outstanding Player. He is also a three time East Division all-star with Montreal and Hamilton (2008, 2009, 2012). Colombia Soccer Jerseys . 31-Feb. 2. While organizers havent decided if itll be red or green clay, they feel their choice of surface will give the Americans an advantage over Britain, which is expected to be led by defending Wimbledon champion Andy Murray. Roger Martinez Jersey . Smiths former Atlanta teammates were glad to hang on for an ugly win. http://www.soccercolombiamart.com/world ... ll-jersey/. The Blue Jays lost to the New York Yankees 3-1 Tuesday night, their seventh defeat in 10 games. Rasmus was put on the 15-day DL on May 15 because of a sore right hamstring. Hes hitting .222 with nine home runs and 19 RBIs. Yerry Mina Jersey . Kripps, of Summerland, B.C., and Edmontons Barnett used a terrific second run to move up two spots, putting the Canadian duo in medal contention with the final two runs set for Monday (11:15 a.m. ET, streaming live at cbc. Frank Fabra Jersey . -- First baseman Carlos Pena and outfielder Brennan Boesch have signed minor league deals with the Los Angeles Angels.Each week, I watch the coachs copies of the previous games in preparation for the upcoming telecasts to have an understanding of how each team employs their schemes. One week ago, I took a break from watching one of the games and had a chance to check e-mails and look at whats happening in the world. My twitter feed had conversations that had just talked about a shooting in Ottawa. I left my office and went and turned on the television to see what was happening. At the time, reports talked about three separate shootings areas and it was a very scary sight to see that happening in the capital of the country. I watched my film and took my notes the rest of the day glued to the TV, thinking of things more than football. This will happen often to coaches since we seem to be always in the office watching game films. I can remember being in the office for the Argonauts on September 11, 2001 watching with the rest of the coaching staff as my home country came under attack. A couple of years later, the office changed, the colours changed and I was trying to prepare a game plan while watching and hoping family members were safe in New Orleans as Hurricane Katrina plowed through in 2005. Last week reminded me of those difficult times. It lets you know that there is simply more important things than football that happen daily and we should always remember that as players and coaches. After Sept. 11, the CFL had originally decided to play games on the weekend and that was a much discussed topic for the league since all other leagues cancelled games. Our QB Jimmy Kemp spoke to the team a day or two after the events and told his teammates that although he is a team guy, that he would not play the games out of respect for what had happened. It was a difficult decision and Jimmy was and is a stand-up guy; everyone understood where he was coming from. Jimmys decision did not matter as the CFL changed its mind and cancelled games after further thought. I can remember how great Canadians were to the people of the US and did their utmost to help and show respect to the people who were lost on the 11th. I tried to show respect by searching all over Mississauga for a US flag. I finally found a large flag and had it hung up on the backside of our trailers at the Argo facility overlooking the practice fields. I wanted to hhave the Americans on the team who were in another country to have some connection to home they could see.dddddddddddd The hardest part about working in professional sports is that, no matter what is happening, the games and seasons will have to go on eventually. No time was tougher and hit closer to home than when we lost our assistant head coach Richard Harris to a massive heart attack two days before a game in 2011. We had to mourn as well as prepare for a game in little or no time. The games go on and you have to get ready, even though you are in pain and want to take time to console others and help those in need. There was no tougher team meeting than when I had to tell our team the circumstances of Coach Harriss passing the following day. The support from the league and the fans was tremendous and the players honoured Coach Harris by finding a way to defeat the BC Lions after a moving moment of silence before the game in Winnipeg. That is the thing about actually playing the games, it allows us to honour as well as get our mind on things that we are passionate about, if only for a few hours. Last Friday, I believe the CFL was at the forefront of the support for all of Canada as the Redblacks hosted the Montreal Alouettes in Ottawa, the city that had been home to one of the attacks that resulted in the death of Corporal Nathan Cirillo. Everyone was able to have a moment of silence and pay tribute with the CFL to Cirillo and also Warrant Officer Patrice Vincent. As I was preparing to go to the studio, I was watching television coverage of the people who were lined up along the Highway of Heroes to again support Corporal Cirillo. From Ottawa all the way to Hamilton, the great people of Canada came from every town to tribute a fallen soldier who was a complete stranger to most. It was amazing and moving to see people trying to help the families of the fallen in any way possible. Hopefully sports and football can help people in times of struggle to have a release when it is needed. Nathan and Patrice, thank you for your support and your sacrifice and we will do our best to make sure you are not forgotten. I am an American who is very proud of his country, but I can also say that after last week, I am once again reminded of how proud I am to call Canada my home the past 14 years. Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys 2020 ' ' '

poniedziałek 02 kwie 2018, 02:24
Odpowiedz w temacie   [ Posty: 1 ]